The mission of TEDxMUET is to organize a multidisciplinary, innovative, mind-opening and attention-grabbing conference, welcoming inspiring, authentic people from diverse backgrounds – professionals and non-professionals, engineers, scientists, researchers, artists, designers, architects, journalists, entrepreneurs, start-ups, musicians who bring ideas to life, make them memorable, and motivate others to foster the innovation in the region. Our speakers may belong to any profession, but they have one thing in common; “an idea worth spreading”.
TEDxMUET speakers will be chosen through a highly curated process. The curation team will measure the applications by the power of the idea and whether the TEDxMUET platform can help propel the idea forward or not.
It is important to us that everyone featured on the TEDxMUET stage has that magical combination of a fascinating idea coupled with the ability to share it in an engaging and relatable way. Some of the characteristics we are seeking to include are:
Novelty: we want innovative and original ideas – or ideas presented in a way unique to you and your experience/knowledge – we are not likely to feature motivational speakers, confidence coaches, business advisors, or people who have given similar TEDx talks elsewhere in recent years.
Diversity: we actively seek diversity in ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, age, disability, education, and non-traditional experts. We want to champion the voices that are often marginalized or underrepresented in our society.
Creativity: we are looking for speakers who present their ideas in a unique and captivating way, which is personal to their experiences, perspectives, and expertise.
Credibility: we are looking for speakers who are committed to their idea and knowledgeable on the topic. You don’t need to have a Ph.D., published a book, or be a recognized public figure. But we do ask that you have spent time understanding, developing, and validating your ideas – this can be through your work, studies, research, and/or lived experience.
What You Will Get?
Every speaker has their motivation for participating and we hope you will benefit from your TEDxMUET experience in many ways. As a TEDx speaker, you get 18 minutes on our prestigious red carpet to present your vision, idea, or thoughts in front of our TEDxMUET community.
As a team, we are committed to:
– Mentorship: Provide you mentorship and guidance throughout your TEDxMUET journey. Before the conference, our curation team will work closely with you to develop your public speaking skills and prepare a fascinating presentation to ensure the most exciting and innovative ideas are featured on our stage and beyond.
– Exposure: Providing you a professional platform with great exposure. This is an opportunity to spread your ideas to the world. We will facilitate this through filming and editing, your talk will be published on the TED Official Website and TEDx YouTube channel for millions of people to watch, share, and get inspiration.
– Assembling a dynamic, diverse audience and networking opportunities, and much more…
We are currently seeking ideas across subjects in, but not limited to:
- Agricultural Conservation
- Clean Energy
- Cultural Preservation
- Law/Human Rights/Justice
- Public Policy
There are lots of great resources to help you develop your idea before applying. These are our favorite:
- TEDx illustrated speaker guide
- Official TEDx speaker guide
- Official TEDx content guidelines
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking (book)
- June Cohen, TED Executive Producer: What makes a great TED Talk?
Chris Anderson, TED Curator: What makes a great talk, great?
- Please be specific and thorough. If your “big idea” does not adhere to the TEDx Content Guidelines (http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/tedx_content_guidelines.pdf)
Our conference is scheduled to be held on Monday, February 22, 2021, at the Lecture Theater Hall, U.S.-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Water, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan from 09 am to 2:00 pm. If you are accepted to speak at our conference, you will be expected to commit to engaging with our attendees and speakers for the entire day of the conference.
Please be aware that the submission form will require you to provide a link to a video of you speaking. If you don’t already have such a video, create a 2-minute demo, upload it to YouTube, and provide us the link. Your submission will be considered complete when we have both the information about your proposed talk and the link to your short demo video.
- As per TED license rules, we are unable to accept submissions from professional speakers, such as motivational speakers and professional life coaches.
- TEDxMUET does not feature talks on politics, pseudoscience, religion, or ideas that are primarily inspirational, motivational, or self-promotional.
- Presentations will be between 5 and 15 minutes in length, with the final length determined by the TEDxMUET curation team.
- Presenters may not be paid for their talk.
- No podium
Presenters must have copyright ownership of any images or video included in their talk. If you use an image under a Creative Commons license, cite the source at the bottom of the slide.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2020
Ready to Speak?
Need More Information?